Friday, February 5, 2010

Proxies

In a completely unrelated note to the new additions, I have another topic of interest.

Justin has been working on proxies for the moxes and lotus using Volkan Baga's alternate art (see below) and has brought to my attention that it is possible to put these onto actual magic carstock according to the process outlined in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAV1WI98lKE

I went into lab yesterday and removed the ink from some junk foil commons I got doing a foil shards draft, and they look like this:
I can also remove the foiling entirely, which looks like this:
Firstly, I just thought these looked cool and wanted to show them. Second, I am going to make more, and I was wondering if people preferred foil or nonfoil? What are thoughts?

And finally, here's the alternate Mox art I promised above, made by Justin:
Volkan Baga is going to finish Sapphire soon.

3 comments:

  1. Rad, how easy was it, I haven't gotten the liquid to remove it yet. Which one did you use to remove it, also which set did you use the foils from?

    Also, I will try to get some high-res images for you to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally make these for the proxies we need, they look rad.

    Are you planing on making any more art Justin? Im hoping the answer is yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used acetone. I used shards foils that I got from a foil shards draft, so new foils. You can pretty easily wipe all the ink off if you put in the effort. When I tried to remove the foil altogether I found that it left a foil residue behind that needed to be cleaned off with acetone. As he says in the video, you want to avoid getting acetone on the back, because it can damage it.

    I am looking into finding art to put on proxies of the other cards we need. I'll have images of those when I am done with them.

    ReplyDelete