Monday, February 1, 2010

Response

After looking over the list that Max posted, looking at Gatherer, and talking with the guys at GoB we came up with these 5 creatures that we liked:

Rainbow Efreet
Wall of Frost
Infiltrator Il-Kor
Morphling
Fathom Seer

I do like adding more creatures to Blue, and while some of these have come in and gone out in the past, now that we are looking for more creatures I think some of them should get another shot.

A few other changes that Max wanted:
Sylvan Scrying instead of Crop Rotation
He wanted Zealous Persecution instead of Identity Crisis, I think this is a good idea, but I like the idea of trying Orzhov Pontiff instead, it has legs.

I orded a ton of the new cards, so the Cube should be mostly finished... for the second time.

3 comments:

  1. Rainbow Efreet? Is Phasing for UU worth costing more then 3 other functionally identical creatures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its still only 3U casting cost. I guess we could try that new guy who is only 1UU for the same body. I like the fact that it can be hard to kill if you have the mana to phase it out. It does not thrill me, but it seams interesting, figured it was worth giving a try. If it just fails, maybe Crookclaw or the new guy could go in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think that the Airship, Cloud Sprite, Sejiri, and Tern actually "support" all this new stuff where as these guys are just worse versions of things that are there. Dream Cache is "bad" but Deep Anal and other card draw make the cut. Magpie is "bad" but look at some of the stuff on that list, he really doesn't make the cut?
    Same with white, no Savannah Lions, Elite, Sixth Pride? Just seems like if you actually want to placate this play group, guys like that and the blue ones help support aggro. But there is alot of stuff that is getting added that is already not good enough (see Blue/Red multi) it just seems like if this group hates Darksteel Pendant, Magpie, and Dream Cache, there have been tons worse cards added. I don't know, it's just looking over some of this stuff has left me confused.
    I know all this stuff is first pass, but I would look over it again to see if you missed stuff, or if you can add better things, to support new strategies or boarding. There just seems to be alot of filler.

    ReplyDelete